The Bull Og

Onine since 1994. Offline since 1976.

See also the archive

An individual post follows.

I finally brought Resumatic into the 21st century; it’s now a Rails 3.2.0 app.

While I originally intended to go step-by-step, whereby I was going to wrap the app with some regression tests, upgrade, run the tests to prove I didn’t (or did) break something, and then be happy, I soon tired of that given the many dependencies (RSpec, rvm, Rails, etc.)

Given the size of the app, I just decided to get a fresh gemset, install Rails 3.2.0, create a new container project via ‘new’, and then copy all the necessary files from the Rails 2 version in to the Rails 3 container, tweaking wherever new syntax was required.

Someday I’ll add tests…